Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentines

My daughter was extra picky this year on what kind of valentine to take to her class party. She didn't want anything too girly because the boys don't like that and she definitely didn't want anything that was boyish! So, I came home from the store with a very generic cat and dog valentine. Everyone likes animals right? Well, the cats and dogs were altered a little so they had silly and large eyes, they had large humanlike smiles, which made them look a little cartoonish. I thought they'd be a hit! She took one look at them and told me they were weird and that she wouldn't be using them. She's only eight, she should like whatever I tell her to like right? Well, she then asked me if I could make her some.....duh, why didn't I think of that!? They turned out pretty cute and better yet, she was happy with them!
Photobucket

No comments: